This post includes an affiliate link.
About two months ago, I learned about the detox bath. I have read about several ways of doing it, and I have a favorite. I love the way it makes me feel all tingly afterwards, with the added bonus of it smelling good. A detox bath can be done once a week. I try to do it once a week but sometimes forget for a couple of weeks if I get too busy.
- 1 cup Epsoak Epsom Salt Magnesium Sulfate USP, 5lbs Bulk Bag
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Running Water
- Mix the 1 cup epsom salt, 1/2 cup baking soda, 7 drops of Peppermint Oil, 7 drops of Lemon Oil, and 7 drops of Lavender Oil in a bowl. I like to add all the ingredients in the bowl and use my hands to roll it around and make sure it all mixes in together.
- Fill your bathtub with the hottest water you can stand. Mix in the ingredients from the bowl while you are filling up.
- Soak in the bath up to your next for 20 minutes.
- Get out and drink lots of cold water. No food for an hour.
Be careful when you get out of the bathtub. It is common to feel a little light-headed. I usually feel a little tired afterwards, so I only do it before bedtime. Personally, I would never take the detox bath before getting up and going somewhere but that is somewhat of a person preference.
Try it out and tell me what you think? Did it make you feel good?
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.